Highbury Quadrant Primary School is offering places to eligible two-year-olds from June 2014.
Why choose Highbury Quadrant Pre-school for your child?
- Your child will receive high-quality early education and care in a safe and stimulating environment supported by qualified Early Years Practitioners.
- Places will be part-time, term-time only (15 hours per week). There are places available from 9.00-12.00 am or from 12.45-3.45 pm.
- Children will be able to start their place the term after their second birthday.
- Your child will be guaranteed a place in the school’s nursery class from the term after their third birthday until they start school. Please note: this does not guarantee your child a place in the school’s reception class.
- You will also be encouraged to take advantage of the range of popular family support services offered by your local Sure Start Children’s Centre.
You can download a copy of our prospectus here: pdf
Who are the two-year-old places for?
Your child may be eligible for a free place if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income support.
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).
- Universal Credit.
- Tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax.
- Support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act.
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
Your child can also get free early learning at the age of 2, if:
- they are looked after by a local council
- they have a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- they receive Disability Living Allowance
- they have left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order.
How do I apply for a two-year-old place for my child?
You can download the form here: Application to join the pre school
You can check whether your child is eligible one term before you are able to start receiving free hours. For example, if your child turns two between 1 January and 31 March, you can check from 1 January.
First you need to find out if your child is eligible for a place, by completing an eligibility check online at www.islington.gov.uk/free2. A paper copy is also available at the Highbury Quadrant school office, Pre-school, or at your local children’s centre. You will then receive notification from Islington Council that you are eligible. Bring this letter/email notification to the school office, or pre-school and you can then put your child’s name down for a place at the 2 Year Olds Provision. You can also apply to other places if you would like to.
If you need any help speak to Ewelina Middleton (Pre-school Lead) 020 7226 6531 ext. 132, staff at the school office, or call the Family Information Service on 020 7527 5959.
How will places be allocated?
If there are more applicants than places available, allocation will be in accordance with the Islington Early Years Admissions policy.
Places will then be given to children who meet the eligibility criteria and:
- who are of an appropriate age to fill the vacancy to ensure a balance of places across the age range
- who have a sibling registered in the school
- who live nearest to the school decided by a straight line measurement
For more information or to arrange a visit to the school, please ask at the Highbury Quadrant Primary School office
020 7226 6531 ext. 132 and ask for Ewelina Middleton.
For an information leaflet click on this link: PDF